D-024 (issue number)
Statement by the Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan on the Situation in Somalia
- The Government of Japan welcomes the election of Hassan Sheikh Mohamud as the new President of Somalia on Monday, 10 September.
- The Government of Japan hopes that the newly elected President will work towards a new nation building to achieve peace and stability in Somalia as soon as possible.
- The Government of Japan will continue to provide necessary support for peace and stability in Somalia together with the international community.
* The foregoing is a provisional translation. The date indicated above denotes the date of issue of the original press release in Japanese.
* For inquiries, please contact the Second Africa Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Tel. 5501-8000 (Ext.3231).