Grant Assistance for Grassroots Human Security Projects 2013/2014: Grant Contract Signing Ceremony for Four GGP Projects in 2013
||Grant Contract Signing Ceremony for Four GGP Projects in 2013
||21st November 2013
||Embassy of Japan
|Project Title & Amount
- The Project for the Expansion of Gora Primary School (USD 121,773)
- The Project for the Expansion of Kakamega - Our Lady of Peace Chebukaka Dispensary (USD 115,331)
- The Project for the Expansion of Lungulueni Primary School (USD 119,569)
- The Project for the Expansion of Olengoloto Primary School (USD 119,927)
- H.E. Mr. Tatsushi Terada, Ambassador-Designate of Japan to Kenya
- Mr. Yuki Yamana, Second Secretary, Embassy of Japan
- Representatives and members of grantee organizations (14 people)
||Grant Contracts for four GGP projects were signed by Mr. Tatsushi Terada, the Ambassador-Designate of Japan to Kenya and the representatives of the four grantee organizations at the Embassy in Nairobi. Three of the four projects are in the education domain (construction of learning facilities such as classrooms and sanitation facilities) and one is in the health sector (extension of an existing facility, purchase of a generator, water tanks and some medical equipment).
Mr. Terada congratulated the four organizations which were selected from more than 300 applications received every year per the Embassy. He also encouraged the representatives to complete their projects on time, within a one year timeframe.
After signing the grant contract, the four organizations were briefed on the GGP Project manual by the second secretary of the embassy and the GGP coordinators.